DETROIT DIESEL DD16 ENGINE
When your rig needs big. The Detroit DD16 Engine delivers strength and efficiency on the road or on the job site.
Detroit offers a big-bore workhorse with up to 600 horsepower and 2050 lb-ft of torque, delivering more efficient and dependable power and performance. Beyond performance, Detroit engineers have been able to meet GHG17 requirements while improving fuel economy.
- 15.6 L displacement is the largest engine built by Detroit
- 600 HP/2050 lb-ft rating available to pull the most extreme loads
- Wide, flat torque curve pulls strong all the way down below 1000 RPM
- Above the frame rail, cartridge-style filters for easier, faster, and cleaner filter changes
- Unmatched parts availability and expert service at Detroit's best-performing service network
- The 2nd generation ACRSTM fuel system, with higher injector pressure, improves performance and fuel economy
- Exceptional torque response leads to superior launch feel and acceleration
- Outstanding gradeability
- Turbo-compounding system recovers normally wasted exhaust gases and turns them into usable power without sacrificing fuel economy
- Integrated Jacobs® Engine Brake
DETROIT DIESEL DD13 ENGINE
Fuel-efficient design delivers bottom-line benefits. Designed specifically for intrastate local distribution and vocational applications, the DD13 delivers a smooth, quiet ride and improved fuel economy.
- Smart, fuel-efficient design makes the most of every litre.
- Amplified Common Rail Fuel System (ACRS) optimises each ETX injection event to minimise fuel consumption.
- Advanced cooling system allows for decreased fan on time, minimising fuel consumption.
- Lower your cost of ownership with easier serviceability.
- Longest scheduled maintenance intervals in its class.
- Oil, coolant and fuel filters are positioned above the frame rails for easier, faster and cleaner filter changes.
- 65% parts commonality with DD15 means unmatched parts availability.
- Maintenance-free crankcase breather.
- Meet your deadline every time. Enjoy less shifting with an extremely wide and flat torque curve.
- Three-stage integrated Jacobs brake offers quieter engine braking and provides superior braking horsepower ETX for extended service brake life.
- Overall robust design provides B50 life of 1 million kilometres.
- Sturdy rear gear train and ribbed cast iron block minimise noise vibration harshness (NVH)
DETROIT DIESEL DD15 ENGINE
The heavy duty DD15 is the latest innovation from Detroit Diesel. Heralding a new era in advanced engine technology, the DD15 boasts unparalleled power and a long list of ground breaking features.
- Breakthrough innovation called Amplified Common Rail Fuel System (ACRS) which delivers the fastest torque response in its class.
- Turbo compounding system which recovers normally wasted exhaust gases and converts them into fuel efficient reusable power
- Excellent fuel economy and low cost in ownership.
- Smoother, quieter engine with integrated Jacobs Engine Brake means lower emissions, lower noise and ETX reduced vibration.
- Longer maintenance intervals and better serviceability with modularly built engine sub-systems.
Cummins X15 Engine
Cummins X15 engines are legendary in the Australian market.
They are electronically up-rateable from 485 hp/1850 lb ft to 600 hp/2050 lb ft without any hardware changes. The Cummins X15 e5 - SCR engines use the base ISX engine but incorporate a new common rail fuel system, a wastegate turbocharger and a single overhead camshaft. The SCR technology uses an exhaust after treatment system which converts nitrogen oxides (NOx) in the exhaust stream into harmless gasses. This means engine combustion can be optimised for improved fuel economy and reduced heat rejection.
Evolutionary engine upgrades are incorporated in the ADR80/03 X15 and Signature X15 to further improve reliability and durability.
Driveability And Performance
The air-fuel ratio has been recalibrated for improved throttle response, and power and torque delivery are very smooth due to the new software advancements of the X15 range, even at low rpm the engine is very responsive. All ratings from the 485 hp ISX to the top of the line Signature 600 include the ADEPT software which includes “Smart Coast and Smart Torque 2 Engine management Technology.
The X15 range of engines is a true e5 platform meeting all current emission ratings and will maintain the same Base Platform for any future Emission changes.Learn More
The ISLe5 is Cummins' latest generation 8.9-litre mid-range engine, with SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) technology utilised for emissions reduction and performance improvements.
Complying with Euro 5 and ADR80/03 emissions regulations, the ISLe5 provides best-in-class power density and fuel economy along with well proven reliability and durability.
With unrivalled performance for an engine this size, the ISLe5 is the ideal choice for concrete agitator and waste collection applications, lightweight prime movers and higher-powered bus and coach operations.
Features And Benefits
- High power-to-weight ratio
- Ratings up to 400 hp/1255 lb ft. High clutch engagement torque of 575 lb ft.
- Excellent fuel economy and low cost in ownership.
- Electronically uprateable from 280 to 400 hp without hardware changes (depending on application).
- High-pressure common rail fuel system with electronic injectors for rapid power delivery, low noise and low emissions.
- Compression engine brake providing up to 250 braking horsepower.